The Sermon on the Mount
And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
As you read these verses you will see that each Beatitude tells you how GOD blesses you. Pay close attention to what Jesus is saying. And know that GOD will give you your reward in heaven.
These eight Beatitudes that Jesus provided is a way of life that promises us salvation, they also provide us peace in the midst of our trials and tribulations here on earth.
- The poor in spirit…..humble yourself
- They that mourn……a blessing
- The meek…..gentle and kind
- They who hunger and thirst for righteousness….a want to be changed
- The merciful……loving outlook towards others in misery
- The pure of heart…..to be free of all selfish intentions and wishes
- The peacemakers…..one who brings peace to self and to others
- They who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness…..will be rewarded
Jesus gave us these Beatitudes to help us reach the Kingdom of Heaven. Read, study and meditate on these Beatitudes of Jesus.
GOD Bless You Much Love Minister Clara Peters